A phenomenon is the term used to describe a perception or responses to an event. Examples of phenomena in nursing include caring and responses to stress. Assumptions are the ideas that we take for granted. They explain the nature of the concepts in the theory, giving it structure.
Choose a middle-range theory or grand theory that, in your opinion, can be applied to research.
- What is the phenomenon of concern in this theory?
- What are the assumptions underpinning this theory?
- In your discussion question response, provide a substantive response that illustrates a well-reasoned and thoughtful response; is factually correct with relevant scholarly citations, references, and examples; and demonstrates a clear connection to the readings.
- Post your response to the Discussion area by the assigned due date.
- Be sure to correct any spelling, grammar, or punctuation errors before you post.
- By the end of day four (4), respond to at least 2 of your peers’ submissions. In your participation responses to your peers, comments must demonstrate thorough analysis of postings and extend meaningful discussion by building on previous postings.
Note: Review South University’s Substantive Participation Policy Criteria, Helpful Tips, and Late Policy available by clicking on the South University Policy and Guidelines navigation tab here. The late policy applies to late discussion question responses.