DUE 2230 PACIFIC TIME 6/21/21.
Professional communications are meant for a diverse audience. These diversities might include cultural, racial, religious, gender, ability, or any other type of diversity.In your paper,
- Explain two best practices for avoiding biased and insensitive written and verbal communications.
- Explain why you might include humor in your professional communications.
- Identify at least two situations where humor should be avoided.
- Explain how to remain positive and how to show respect to your listeners.
- Explain from the sentences listed below why each could be considered biased or insensitive.
- Then, revise each sentence to remove any biased or insensitive language.
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the UAGC Writing Center’s APA Style. (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must use at least one credible outside source in addition to the course text.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the UAGC Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the UAGC Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the UAGC Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.