This assignment is OPTIONAL and will only HELP your overall grade. Please see the directions below to complete the quiz.
Read the two documents attached in this quiz (Washington-DuBois debate) and use them to answer the questions below.
- Identify the ethical choices offered by the two speakers.
- Discuss both sides of the ethical choices offered by the speakers.
- Offer a personal evaluation of the ethical choices to be made.
- Identified the pros and cons of both sides of the ethical choices to be made.
- Indicate how the student’s own cultural background relates to the ethical choices proposed by the speakers.
- Identify how the speaker’s point of view might be affected by the speaker’s cultural backgrounds.
- Discuss how reading these two speeches allows them to relate to other cultures and helps them to understand and react to other cultures.
- Indicate how reading these two speeches promotes their ideas of civic involvement in relation to the issues raised by these two speeches.
Use the document entitled “Gettysburg Address” in the QUIZZES tab to answer this question.
How did the Gettysburg Address change the nature and purpose of the Civil War? Please be as specific as possible.