DUE 12/18 6 P.M EST
THIS IS THE 1ST PART OF THE ASSIGNMENT AND THE WORK IS ATTACHED..
THE 2ND PART IS BELOW.. YOU’RE COMPOSING 1 PARAGRAPH
The Assignment: From the article Van Note Chism, N., & Weerakoon, S. (2012). APA, meet Google: Graduate students’ approaches to learning citation style. Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning, 12(2), 27-38. Retrieved from http://josotl.indiana.edu/index
(YOU’RE NOT DOING THIS PART, IT’S ALREADY DONE AND IS ATTACHED)
Select three related main points from the journal article (excluding the Abstract), and directly quote them.
In addition to the directly quoted main points, compose 1–2 sentences of rationale for each main point. Use these sentences to explain the reason you selected each point from the journal article.
Consider the following questions in your rationale: (Should be 2 paragraphs)
· Why are these three specific points the author’s main ideas?
· What makes them stand out to you as a critical reader?
· How are these main points related to one another?
2ND PART THIS THE PART YOU’RE COMPLETING
Let’s put your strategy into practice! You have critically read your selected journal article, made notes, and outlined three main points. You will now paraphrase the three main points that you selected from last week’s Assignment. This is a crucial part of the writing process because you are letting your reader know that you understand an author’s ideas.
To prepare for this Assignment:
· Review the three main ideas you selected (IT’S IN THE PAPER)
· Review the Learning Resources related to paraphrase and academic integrity.
· Review the content of your selected journal article. (ARTICLE IS ATTACHED)
Paraphrase the three directly-quoted main points of the journal article you selected. Your paraphrases should combine to form 1 paragraph.