I have attached my research paper that I already did. This assignment is a public piece of my research paper that I have already done. I chose the first option, “An editorial cartoon that would be published in a newspaper”.
For this assignment, you will restructure your research paper argument in order to reach a new audience by composing a public piece, an argument presented in a medium appropriate for the public domain. Therefore, your audience for this will be the general public and not the academic community.
You will consider your purpose and audience in order to design a piece that’s compelling, convincing, and credible.
After you write the public piece, you will write a detailed analysis paragraph, where you argue how you shifted your argument to fit your new audience and purpose. You should use specific evidence and analysis from your own writing to show this. Use the MEAL plan to create a strong paragraph.
For this assignment, you have the following options to reach the public:
1. An editorial cartoon that would be published in a newspaper
2. A public service announcement in the form of a video/commercial (1-2 minutes)
3. A poem or song that reflects thoughts and emotions relevant to your stance
After you compose your public piece, you will write an analysis paragraph about the choices you made as a writer.
Your public piece should:
1. Establish a clear audience and purpose.
2. Stand as an authentic, engaging, and polished piece that the public could consume.
3. Communicate an argument effectively with no gaps in logic or credibility.
Your analysis paragraph should:
1. Argue how you shifted your argument to fit your new audience and purpose.
2. Include specific evidence from your own writing to show this.
3. Offer analysis of your choices to show your topic sentence’s point.
4. Follow the MEAL plan for paragraph organization.
5. Read clearly with strong academic tone and style.
Public piece lengths will vary; please ensure your work has enough depth to make a convincing point. Analysis paragraphs should range between 1/2-3/4 of a page in MLA format.