Write an in-depth response to each of the prompts numbered below. Number your response with the question. Each response needs to be at least four sentences in length. Refer to “Writing Rubric” (in the Getting Started Module and the syllabus) for content and grammar guidelines. If you research information outside of the textbook, document your reference after the cited information. Complete your work in .doc file and upload it into the dropbox folder. Upload your file into the dropbox folder.
After reading Chapter 6, “Generalist Social Work Practice”, and the readings “Client System Assessment Tools for Social Work”, “How to write an Assessment”, “Ethical Dilemmas”, and “Documentation Guidelines”; then write an in-depth response to each of the questions.
- Watch the video under Activities entitled, “Introduction to Generalist Social Work”. Give a detailed summary of key elements noted in generalist practice.
- Define what generalist social work is; then outline the key frameworks used with a detailed explanation. Give an example for each aspect and how it applies to any field of social work.
- Case management is a core approach with most settings that manage clients; Define what it means and then outline the process used within it; engagement, assessment, intervention and evaluation. Define each one and give an example of what each would look like with a client.
- Assessment is the core part of any social work setting. Search online for a copy of a Social Work/Psychosocial assessment form. If you have access to one from an agency use that. Outline what the agency assessment covers for client intake. Do you think the assessment form is complete or missing areas that are needed for client information? Go to Readings and click on the link for “Client System Assessment Tools for Social Work” and read the information on assessment. Then click on the second link for “How to write an Assessment” and review this. Does the assessment form you obtained match the key areas addressed in this article? If so how and if not what is not covered in the form you obtained? Do you see how important it is to obtain many facts about your client in order to help them? Explain your response.
- Group social work is a growing area of service; Identify some types of groups that social workers can lead and state some specific benefits to use groups.
- Models of community practice is given in the text. List each and then choose one that you think is the most effective and give an example of how it would look.
- Documentation in social work is absolutely critical. Go to Readings and click on the link entitled “Documentation Guidelines”. Read through the material on documentation. Outline and explain the significant factors in how you are to document your work with clients. Highlight the most significant points noted.
- Ethics are the standards for how any person does social work. Go to the back of the textbook to page 473. Read through all of the code of ethics until page 494. Outline the six core values, the purpose of the code of ethics, the six principles. The primary ethics that need focused on is on page 477-481. Outline the ethics listed on these pages and note the one that has the most detailed and required information to follow. The NASW has revised the code of ethics to address social media. Go to the link under Readings and look at the new rules. State 2 new rules for ethics and social media listed.