SaharaOasis.com is an online retailer that currently has 1,500 employees and warehouse operations in New York, Nebraska, and Nevada. The company is prospering and has decided to expand its operations globally by opening a new warehouse in South Korea, with hopes of continued expansion into Europe.
To open the new warehouse, management staff will be transferred from the company’s current locations. They will also have to hire approximately 500 warehouse personnel and a logistics manager. South Korea is proving to be a very competitive environment for online retailers. The human resources (HR) staff must develop a workforce plan that can create a competitive advantage for SaharaOasis. All functional areas of HR will be involved in making this expansion a success. As the human resources director for SaharaOasis, you will be held responsible for planning, managing, and presenting information to the vice president (VP) of HR and the board of directors for the organization.
In your own words, develop a recruitment strategy for the warehouse associate position for SaharaOasis, which includes the use of the Internet. This information must be presented to the Vice President (VP) of Human Resources (HR) in a PowerPoint slide presentation for her review.
Using CTU Library resources and the course text and materials, research e-recruiting and create a presentation that addresses the following:
- Specifically, which e-recruiting media and methods would you recommend, and why?
- How would you use these methods to market the job to potential candidates? How will you differentiate and position the job in the job market?
- What legal considerations must be taken into account with Internet-based recruitment programs?
- In addition to e-recruiting, briefly discuss what other methods you would consider, and why.
- From a business finance/accounting perspective, how would you analyze and measure the effectiveness of your recruitment strategy? What economic conditions might be considered?
Provide a reference list at the end of your presentation of at least 5 reference