Below is the link for the financial statements for Alphabet, Inc. for the fiscal year ending 2017.
First, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on SEC filings and additional information. Next, click on Alphabet SEC filings. Type 10-K in as the Filing Type and click Search. Click on Documents for the 10-K dated 2018-02-06. Finally, click on the link next to the Form 10-K. This will open the 10-K in HTML format which is searchable.
A Sample Project Template (Links to an external site.) is available for download (Attached to this order). The sample project compares the ratio performance of Nike and Under Armour using the 2014 financial statements of Nike and Under Armour provided at their websites. Please change it to Alphabet. No need to compare companies. Just need the ratio for Alphabet.
For the Final Submission:
For the Final Submission:
Your final Excel workbook submission should contain the following. You cannot use any other software but Excel to complete this project.
- A Completed Worksheet Title Page tab, which is really a cover sheet with the names of each team member, the course, the date, your instructor’s name, and the title for the project.
- A Completed Worksheet Profiles tab which contains a one-paragraph description regarding each company with information about their history, what products they sell, where they are located, and so forth.
- All 16 ratios for ALPHABET company with the supporting calculations and commentary on your Worksheet Ratio tab. Supporting calculations must be shown either as a formula or as text typed into a different cell. The ratios are listed further down this document. Your comments for each ratio should include more than just a definition of the ratio. You should focus on interpreting each ratio number for each company and support your comments with the numbers found in the ratios. You need to specifically state which company performed better for each ratio.
- The Bibliography Worksheet tab must contain at least your textbook as a reference. Any other information that you use to profile the companies should also be cited as a reference as well as the links to the financial statements.
Required Ratios for Final Project Submission
- Earnings per Share of Common Stock
- Current Ratio
- Gross Profit Rate
- Profit Margin
- Inventory Turnover
- Days in Inventory
- Accounts Receivable Turnover
- Average Collection Period
- Asset Turnover
- Return on Assets (ROA)
- Debt to assets Ratio
- Times Interest Earned Ratio
- Dividend Yield [For the purposes of this ratio, use Yahoo Finance to look up current dividend per share and stock price; just note the date that you looked up this information.]
- Return on Common Stockholders’ Equity (ROE)
- Free cash flow
- Price-Earnings Ratio [For the purpose of this ratio, look up the market price per share as of December 29, 2017 for Alphabet, Inc.